Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Should have scaled back on the celebratory Birthday water

 Here we go again. I try. I really try. But we just need to come to grips with the fact that gift-giving is not my...gift. Sydney Lynn turned 23 today. Given the size and occupancy of her apartment, presents must be purchased with scale in mind. Given the health consciousness of the residents of the apartment, the other type of "scale" must also be kept in mind. And then it came to me! Sydney loves the Icelandic water featured on The Big Bang Theory. I'd ship her a whole case of it! She'd be thrilled!

She was thrilled all right. 

"Your package was delivered today," Sydney informed me, her voice sounding slightly strangled. Fantastic! "What'ya think?" I asked her, fishing for compliments about how I clearly selected the perfect present. "Hydration will never again be an issue," she admitted before inadvertently giggling. I frowned. What could possibly be so funny about water? Sydney could not contain herself. "Mom...they're HUGE!" She quickly sent me photographic evidence. Her water towering over a roll of paper towels. Her water overshadowing her wine. Her one and a half liter libation dwarfing the convenient single-sized version. "I get the picture, Sydney Lynn," I said, tiring quickly of this photographic exposé revealing my utter lack of ability in the area of purchasing presents. "There's twelve of them!" she squealed in delight, "I will think of the love of my mother as I strain every muscle in my arm lifting the bottle to my lips," she vowed. I vowed to carefully consider present proportion prior to purchase. So much for scaling back on size. 


No comments:

Post a Comment