Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Pedantic pandemic prosaic poetry: I apologize in advance

Boxed in
Walled up
Numb
No fun
Release her 
from the wooden cell
the hell
before you bury her
before she's carried away
home
Not free to roam
without a pass
written as directed
illegible
jibberish
might as well be Chinese
please
Locked in
Locked down

She frowns
cries
tries
to be patient
positive
Not sure 
that the cure
the conjecture
won't kill her first
The thirst
for knowledge
dehydrated 
by colleges
My tithe
cut down to size
rip down the net
I bet
they don't see me shaking
in fury
a slurry 
of words
I am unable to partake
for fear
of offending
delicate ears
Public opinions
based on projections
flickering images
of dismay
fear
so that we can no longer
hear
the last nail 
being hammered

No comments:

Post a Comment