Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Sure...it LOOKS like fun

If one more person tries to console me by telling me that I'm going to get wet anyway, they're going to wind up with a scissors-kick to the neck, I thought to myself dismally as I watched the windshield wiper blades of our school bus gallantly battle the torrential rain-pour as we chugged our way up to Niagara Falls for the famed "Maid of the Mist" ride. "Can you get out of my seat, please," I asked a 4th grader who was determined to bond with me on the bus. "Why," he asked. "You're sitting on my sandwich," I pointed out.

Our drenched group of adventurers waded across flooded sidewalks and down stairs upon stairs to line up for that most-sought-after of fashion accessories:  The translucent blue poncho. And while this skin-sucking piece of useless plastic might reduce unplanned procreation, it does absolutely NOTHING to protect you from the harsh elements. "I'll take a petite, please," I asked the man handing out these ridiculous raincoats. Apparently, my jokes aren't as original as I would like to believe. I dutifully wrestled my way into it, tied the hood in a beguiling manner beneath my chin and readied myself for the waterfall. The power of the Horseshoe Falls channeled itself into a blast of wind that swept beneath my "raincoat" and became trapped by my beguiling tied-off hood, blowing me up like a big, blue balloon. I held onto the rail and tried to think of something that I had to look forward to...oh yeah. My squished sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment