Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Come to the dark side...we have (Cathy's) cookies

My friend Cathy had made my family some delicious Halloween cookies and I wanted to find a way to thank her so I asked Sydney to take a picture of me enjoying the treat to post on Facebook. "Here, let me get your good side," Sydney said, expertly angling the camera and snapping the shot. She made a face as she inspected the result. "Here," she suggested, "let's try a frontal." "Sydney!" I gasped, appalled, "We're not taking THOSE types of pictures!" "No, no, no, Mom," she explained, "just face forward." Oh.


Apparently the front of my face isn't any more attractive than the side of my face. I wonder how the back of my head would appear in photographs? Coughing during a shot certainly didn't boost my self-esteem any. Even the sure-proof  "Look away from the camera and turn fast on the photographer's 1...2...3" didn't work. Refusing to give up, Sydney tilted her head speculatively. "Maybe it's the lighting." She dragged me into the bathroom and took another shot. "Nope...not the lighting." Apparently, I don't have a "good side."  ""Don't worry, Mom," Sydney said to cheer me up, "I think you're beautiful on the outside AND the inside." "Well, my insides are feeling pretty good right now," I admitted, "because they're full of Cathy's cookies." Just don't let me get started on my man-hands.




































No comments:

Post a Comment