Monday, November 14, 2016

Ellicottville, Girls Getaway, part two



We were ready to experience a little of the Ellicottville night-life. Well...SOME of us were. "We've seen the Why Guy," I whined, "could it even get any better than that?" So preparations were set in motion for us to trip the light fantastic.

Kathy, who had purchased a bionic hair straightener, was eager to wield this weapon on her friends. After transforming Dawn into a goddess, she coaxed me over. "Your hair is so beautiful," she crooned with the practiced lie of a seasoned hairdresser. My hair soon lay in a smooth ripple down my back. Kathy then moved to the front. I could tell that something was wrong as Kathy's lips snapped together like Phyllis Diller's purse. "Maybe if you sweep them a bit over to the side," our friend Bev suggested, surreptitiously reaching for her camera as the six million dollar bang-buster busted my bangs. After several attempts to manage my mane, Kathy went for the Hail Mary, whipping off her new headband and plunking it over my hair. "Maybe Amy wears bangs for a reason," Deb quietly observed as the room sat in stunned silence as they took in my style. Well...silent except for the sound of Bev taking pictures. Silent as in the silent e in mauve that would be used as a Scrabble word when I refused to be seen in public.




No comments:

Post a Comment