Saturday, September 10, 2022

Great minds think alike: Moments that make me melt

You moms out there will get this.

It's been over three years since my daughters moved to San Diego. They are 2,551 miles away from me. Thirty-eight hours by car. My heart aches ALL the time. I am constantly talking about them...always thinking about them, praying for them ceaselessly. I know, I know...get a life already.

Fortunately for me...both of my girls are excellent (and patient) communicators. Rarely does a day go by that we don't exchange at least a text. They don't even question if I call up, out of the blue, and ask them to just ease my heart by (a) having Sydney sing the entire theme song from "The Big Bang Theory" or (b) having Savannah quickly recite the presidents in order from memory. Without question, they do what I ask and hang up, resuming their activities knowing that I was having a hard day but they'd just made me feel better. Better that than the bottle, baby!

Nothing feels better (other than actually being WITH them, of course) though, than knowing we are in sync. Brad and I had a busy day yesterday after school...visiting my mom, grocery shopping, ect. We'd just pulled out of the drive-thru, having treated ourselves to McDonald's sundaes when a text arrived on our phones, showing what my girls were doing at the EXACT same minute. My dessert had never tasted sweeter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment