Monday, January 26, 2015

Priceless pandemonium at Pizza Hut

Alea is the one teenager on the planet who doesn't partake
 of selfie candids so we had to ask the waitress to help us out.
"Aunt Amy," invited the text message, "I got a $40 gift card for Pizza Hut. Do you want to go out to lunch?" Hel-lo! Now, some would question my morality for exploiting my sweet teen-aged niece by letting her foot the bill for a meal but I believe that my allowing her to treat me further promotes her sweet and giving nature. "Thanks, Alexis," I typed, my fingers flying across the keyboard, "Let's do it!"

So, we did. You wouldn't think there'd be all that much to blog about aside from the usual paper straw wrappers ricocheting off everyone's heads and in-depth discussions about who is currently grounded and why. But never fear...there is always SOMETHING to blog about.

At the end of the meal, Brad was presented with the bill and, as he lacks my character-building abilities, took out his wallet intending to pay. Alexis was having none of that and, when she tired of his ignoring her, simply frisbee-tossed her gift card toward him. It was a slow-motion type of moment as the gift card spiraled through the air, bounced off Brad's elbow, and then nose-dived perfectly, slipping into the microscopically slim space between the booth and the wall. Brad attempted to wedge it out with a knife, to no avail so finally Alexis, flashlight feature on her phone on, crawled under the table...splunking-style and eventually emerged, covered in dust and coated in old gum remnants, with her treasure. We cheered as I used ice to rub gum adhesive from the back of her hand. Another lesson in how gift cards are such a practical and easy-to-use present.

No comments:

Post a Comment