Monday, February 22, 2016

An electrifying week-end with my husband: A shocking date night

Depending on who you happen to be talking to...I may or may NOT have had something to do with our washing machine breaking down this week-end. I can confidently say, though, that my careless inclusion of 4-6 white socks in a batch of colors did not alter the time/space continuum of my washing machine enough to cause the consequenting flood that followed...no matter WHAT Brad says.

Anyhoo...I was an enthusiastic and active part of the repair process. "Here..." Brad grunted, heroically lifting up the washing machine, "put something under this to prop it up." He was ungrateful about my first choice of a sturdy glass bottle but seemed pleased by my second selection of a piece of plywood. I wasn't thrilled to join him in his little pond of stinky run-off water but he made me a little lily-pad lifting me away from the spill-age so I could continue in my quest to help him.

I blinded him with the flashlight half a thousand times but he still managed to successfully disconnect the motor assembly for "us" to inspect. "We" decided to test it. So there I stood, with a washing machine motor in my shaking hands, as Brad connected wires to it to thrust into an electric socket. "Uh..." I said, hating to interrupt him. Crouching near the outlet, he glanced up at me, "What?" "Isn't it a little...dangerous...to insert foreign objects into outlets." He nodded absently, "Yeah...it can be." To my dismay...he moved the wires closer. I almost dropped the motor as I gently interrupted him again. "Honey...is it safe for me to be holding this?" He leaned back on his heels and sighed. "Are you the one pushing bare wires into a socket," he asked. "No."

Good news. No one got electrocuted. Good news #2:  The washing machine motor still worked! And even with my expert flashlight assistance, Brad was able to re-assemble the mechanism.

No comments:

Post a Comment