Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chlo is not a dress-up dachshund

Argue if you want to...I refuse to listen. Hands down, no doubt, I have the cutest, sweetest, kindest, and most humble dog on the planet. I'm even willing to branch out further into the solar system but I believe that you get my point. After "Dachshund Day" at school, a present came in for Chlo: an adorable feathered hair-clip. Without any training at all (because she's naturally thoughtful), Chlo graciously receives all gifts with a charming demeanor. Despite her utter disdain for generic dog biscuits (Hey! A girl has to draw the line somewhere), Chlo still wags her tail and offers kisses whenever we visit the bank drive-through window. I knew we were in trouble when a student brought me in her little gift. When I first got a dachshund, I made the mistaken assumption that I would be dressing her up in the cutest little outfits ever. NOPE! Yeah...that did not happen. I would wrestle Chlo into her little hooded suede jacket or fluffy pink sweater and she would freeze as though she's been struck with the Full-Body-Bind curse from Harry Potter. Her only concession to my fashion choices has been to agree to wear a black and white collar that matches my rubber boots. How was I going to get her to sport a little feathered bling? Well...the long and short of it was...I wasn't. In spite of some pre-planned, complicated choreography to distract my dog with attention and treats, Savannah, Sydney and I failed miserably. Shutter-speed fast, Chlo moved with the deft precision of a predatory cheetah, pouncing on her feathered prey. The only evidence that this gift even existed is this photo:



No comments:

Post a Comment